Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
Register

Global Fall 2013 Schedule

Global Fall 2013 Schedule

Mondays
    7:00PM: Entertainment Tonight (Simulcast)
    7:30PM: Entertainment Tonight Canada
    8:00PM: Bones (Simulcast FOX) / Almost Human (Simulcast FOX) *November*
    9:00PM: Sleepy Hollow (Simulcast FOX)
    10:00PM: The Blacklist (Simulcast NBC)

Tuesdays
    8:00PM: NCIS (Simulcast CBS)
    9:00PM: NCIS Los Angeles (Simulcast CBS)
    10:00PM: Chicago Fire (Simulcast NBC)

Wednesdays
    8:00PM: Survivor (Simulcast CBS)
    9:00PM: Sean Saves The World (PRE-Release NBC)
    9:30PM: The Michael J Fox Show (PRE-Release NBC)
    10:00PM: Ironside (Simulcast NBC)

Thursdays
    8:00PM: Welcome to the Family (PRE-Release NBC)
    8:30PM: The Millers (Simulcast CBS)
    9:00PM: Glee (Simulcast FOX)
    10:00PM: Elementary (Simulcast CBS)

Fridays
    8:00PM: Parenthood (POST-Release NBC) / Bones (Simulcast FOX) *November*
    9:00PM: Hawaii Five-0 (Simulcast CBS)
    10:00PM: Dracula (Simulcast NBC)

Saturdays
    7:00PM: 16x9
    8:00PM: Obsessions
    9:00PM: Crime Time (Simulcast)
    10:00PM: Walk The Walk

Sundays
    7:00PM: The Simpsons (Simulcast FOX) *repeats*
    7:30PM: We Are Men (PRE-Release CBS)
    8:00PM: The Simpsons (Simulcast FOX)
    8:30PM: Bob's Burgers (Simulcast FOX)
    9:00PM: Family Guy (Simulcast FOX)
    9:30PM: American Dad (Simulcast FOX)
    10:00PM: The Good Wife (POST-Release CBS)
    Last edited by TVViewer; 06-06-2013 at 10:05 PM.

With 11 New Dramas, 7 New Comedies and Countless Returning Hits Global Unveils Sensational 2013/2014 Primetime Lineup

The network acquires the hottest new fall dramas guaranteed to make hearts race: Almost Human, The Blacklist, Dracula, Ironside and Sleepy Hollow
    Global nabs the biggest comedies of the season with The Michael J. Fox Show, The Millers, Sean Saves the World, We Are Men and Welcome to the Family

The Queen Latifah Show joins Global Daytime

Heavy-hitters return with new seasons: Bones, Chicago Fire, Elementary, Family Guy, Glee, Hawaii Five-0, NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, The Simpsons and Survivor

In an exclusive presentation at the Windsor Arms Hotel, Shaw Media unveils Global's outstanding 2013/2014 fall schedule.

Building on the huge success of last year's breakout series Chicago Fire and Elementary, the network expands its impressive collection of dramas with the biggest, most-buzzed-about new series. James Spader (Boston Legal, The Office) makes his triumphant return to television in the edgy thriller The Blacklist, as the recently surrendered FBI's most-wanted criminal, now master-minding the arrests of extremely dangerous criminals from his "blacklist." The gritty and tough NYC police drama Ironside stars Blair Underwood (Sex and the City, Rules of Engagement) as the fearless and defiant Detective Robert Ironside. Friday nights welcome the sexy and lush Dracula, from the producers of the critically acclaimed Emmy® Award-winning hit Downton Abbey. Dracula isa sophisticated twist on the age-old boy meets girl, boy loses girl romance with a horror "vein," starring Jonathan Rhys Meyers (Mission: Impossible III). The lavish fantasy-thriller Sleepy Hollow joins the network's all-star lineup Mondays as a modern-day retelling of the classic tale of Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman. Ichabod (Tom Mison, Parade's End) is resurrected as humanity's last hope to save the world from the brink of destruction. Also joining Monday nights in November is Almost Human, the latest sci-fi action adventure from executive producer J.J. Abrams (Lost). Set in 2048, a cop teams up with a second-hand synthetic android to fight a strain of urban crime that's evolved in even more frightening ways.The series starsKarl Urban (Star Trek Into Darkness)andMichael Ealy (The Good Wife).

Global brings serious star power to the lineup with the addition of five new comedies this fall. Michael J. Fox (Spin City, The Good Wife) is back in The Michael J. Fox Show. Inspired by the actor's personal life, Michael stars as a beloved news anchor returning to work after being diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. The Millers stars Will Arnett (Arrested Development) as a recent divorcee trying to enjoy his single life when his dad (Beau Bridges, The Descendants) and mom (Margo Martindale, The Americans) unexpectedly decide to follow suit. Sean Saves the World stars Sean Hayes (Will and Grace) as a recently divorced dad juggling an overbearing boss, a teenage daughter and a know-it-all mother (Linda Lavin, Alice). Welcome to the Family explores what happens when two college students announce to their feuding families that they're pregnant and planning to get married. The series stars Mike O'Malley (Glee) and Ella Rae Peck (Gossip Girl). Rounding out the comedy lineup is We Are Men starring Tony Shalhoub (Monk), Kal Penn (House) and Jerry O'Connell (The Defenders) as single men offering deliciously bad advice to a newly single neighbour.

"Coming off of a blockbuster year for Global, we set out determined to land the most anticipated and star-stacked series to add to our schedule," said Barbara Williams, Senior Vice President, Content, Shaw Media. "The addition of gothic horrors, gritty dramas, nail-biting thrillers and a brand new slate of comedies complement our returning flagship series, making for an exceptional schedule that will hook audiences the entire season."

Also joining the primetime lineup this fall are Canadian original docu-series Obsessions,which investigates the sometimes unusual and extraordinary obsessions people can develop, and Walk the Walk a six-part series that explores the relationship between heroes who inspire Canada's Walk of Fame recipients and the impact that they have had on these heroes.

Queen Latifah, icon of screen and music, joins Global Daytime with her new talk show The Queen Latifah Show, featuring musical performances and celebrity guests.

Also returning to Global are fan favourites: Entertainment Tonight, Entertainment Tonight Canada, The Good Wife, Parenthood, Crime Time, Bob's Burgers and American Dad.

Global also locked-in a stellar programming collection for mid-season. Highlights include:

DRAMAS:

• Chicago PD the adrenaline injected police drama and spinoff from last season's hit show Chicago Fire.
    • Crossbones starring the incomparable John Malkovich (Dangerous Liaisons) as the legendary pirate Blackbeard.
    • Rake starring Greg Kinnear (Little Miss Sunshine) as a criminal defense lawyer battling his demons as often as he does his cases.
    • Reckless the red-hot legal drama starring Cam Gigandet (The O.C.) and Georgina Haig (Fringe).
    • Remedy a Canadian original high-stakes medical drama that goes beyond the operating room and introduces viewers to the community of hospital staff that make healing happen.
    • 24: Live Another Day marks the highly anticipated return of Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland).

COMEDIES:

• About a Boy directed by Jon Favreau (Iron Man) and starring Minnie Driver (Good Will Hunting) as a single mom raising her 11-year-old son.
    • Working the Engels a Canadian original comedy about a ne'er-do-well family forced to band together and take over their father's legal business.

DOCU-SERIES:

• Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey a Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy) produced 13-part docu-series based on the hugely successful Carl Sagan's Cosmos.
    Last edited by TVViewer; 06-05-2013 at 07:45 AM.

SHAW MEDIA ADDS REMEDY AND WORKING THE ENGLES TO ITS BOOMING ROSTER OF CANADIAN SCRIPTED SERIES

New Drama and Comedy Set for Mid-Season Premiere on Global

TORONTO, June 5, 2013 – Building on an impressive roster of massively successful original scripted series such as Rookie Blue, Lost Girl and Continuum, Shaw Media gets ready to welcome two additions to its collection of homegrown dramas. The sleek new drama Remedy (WT) and wild comedy Working the Engels will air as part of Global’s mid-season lineup.

“Without a doubt, we have the biggest and best slate of original scripted series in the country. After reading the scripts for both Remedy and Working the Engels, we know we have landed two more brilliant and fresh series to add to our thriving stable of original programming,” said Barbara Williams, Senior Vice President, Content, Shaw Media.

From creator and executive producer Greg Spottiswood (King) comes Remedy, a unique, high-stakes medical drama that goes beyond the operating room and the ER, to reveal a compelling community of hospital staff who make the healing happen. The series follows Griffin Conners, son of the chief of staff, brother to both a surgeon and a nurse, and now – medical school dropout. Having been kicked out in a haze of disgrace, Griffin is forced to return to Broadview Hospital as its newest orderly, where he gets a new perspective on a world he thought he knew through a colourful cast of cleaners, project aides, transport workers and more. The series is produced by Indian Grove Productions with Bernie Zukerman serving as Executive Producer.
    Global’s new comedy Working the Engles comes from writers Jane and Katie Ford (Miss Congeniality, Family Ties). In this laugh-out-loud comedy, a family of ne’er-do-wells must band together to keep their heads above water when their father and breadwinner passes away, leaving them a mountain of debt. They all go to work running Dad’s storefront law firm, with one minor problem – daughter Jenna is the only one of them that is actually a lawyer and qualified to practice. It’s not pretty, but it’s family. The series is produced by Halfire Entertainment with Noreen Halpern serving as Executive Producer.

Casting and additional creative team details for both series will be announced in the coming weeks.

I hesitate to believe the wednesday shows will air in pre-release. I know this year The Office was in post, and thus, did not do well. Anyway, the schedule is pretty boring. The one surefire hit they got is the Blacklist. The Millers might actually do well from those viewers who watch Big Bang on CBS. They do seem to have more hours in simulcast than they did last year.

Notes :
    - On Fox, Bones moves to friday 8pm in november, slot currently used for pre-release of Parenthood.
    - Sleepy Hollow will air until fall, The Following takes over mid-season, leaving the monday 9pm slot open.
    - Survivor usually takes a break in january, leaving 6 weeks to fill.
    - Glee for fall, Rake for winter, then Glee for spring on thursday 9pm.
    - Dracula for fall, Crossbones for mis-season on friday 10pm.
    "It's not a rerun if you haven't watched it yet." (© 2010 by TVViewer)
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

Quote Originally Posted by reidster View Post
    I hesitate to believe the wednesday shows will air in pre-release..
    I can confirm that BOTH Wednesday comedies along with Welcome to the Family and We Are Men will air in pre-release

I can't ever remember a time where Global had such a perfect schedule. They not only get buzzed about dramas Almost Human, Sleepy Hollow, The Blacklist, Ironside, and Dracula, Crossbones, Reckless, ect.. but to come back with so many buzzed about comedies like Sean Saves The World, The Michael J Fox Show, Welcome to the Family, The Millers, About a Boy, We Are Men, ect. as well is outstanding, not to mention spin-offs with a built in audience like Chicago PD and 24: Live Another Day

My analysis:

Mondays - Global has dominated Monday night with drama and Almost Human, Sleepy Hollow, and The Blacklist are the perfect replacements. These shows are getting the biggest push from their U.S. networks and if you read any of the LA screening articles they are the dramas everyone's buzzing about. CTV/CTV2 splits the reality audience and given the ratings of City's comedy block this year against FOX simulcasts I really don't see how Global wont be winning 8:00PM & 9:00PM with Almost Human and Sleepy Hollow, I think it should be pretty easy for The Blacklist to win 10:00PM, probably overall the most anticipated drama.

Tuesdays - Global should continue to dominate this night as well as not much as really changed on the other networks. City is sticking with the FOX comedy lineup and although I think CTV will struggle with the ABC lineup. They are launching new untested shows against Global's top 10 hits

Wednesdays - This could be the first time in years Global wins Wednesday entirely, they have always won 8:00PM but they have had a real problem at 9:00PM, the addition of Sean Saves The World and The Michael J Fox Show changes this entirely. Global is busy simulcasting a top 10 hit in Adults 18-49 on Thursdays at 9:00PM so getting these shows in PRE-Release is just perfect. Global can finally use their massive audience at 8:00PM to lead-into something that's not in post-release and both Sean Saves The World and Ironside will benefit from the lead-in/lead-out of The Michael J Fox Show which is frankly a self starter. These shows are just so anticipated and airing in such a good time slot I really don't think the non-simulcast will matter since both will be in pre-release (why wait to watch anticipated shows a day later on NBC when you can watch them on Global a day early?). Getting Ironside for Wednesdays at 10:00PM in simulcast is another huge get for Global, especially when its competition is a fading ageing drama on CTV and a show doing so bad even CTV2 didn't want it on City, also the ABC comedy block does far better in the U.S. than it does in Canada for City, not really much of a threat.

Thursdays - Global already solved their problem on Thursdays at 9:00PM & 10:00PM last season so the only real issue they had was 8:00PM, and I think they fixed it the best they can with Welcome to the Family and The Millers. Slotting Welcome to the Family in pre-release instead of post is always good and getting the CBS simulcast at 8:30PM is their best chance at success. CBS wouldn't have given The Millers their biggest comedy lead-in if it wasn't good. Securing Rake for mid-season was also a bold move as now they can simulcast Rake with FOX and keep the NBC comedies in pre-release ensuring strength on Wednesdays.

Fridays - Global's going to see huge gains on Fridays with their Monday night hits joining the night at 8:00PM (in November) & 9:00PM which will provide a perfect lead-in for Dracula (and Crossbones at mid-season if NBC sticks to their schedule) Unfortunately 16x9 did really poorly here last season so Dracula (and Crossbones at mid-season if NBC sticks to their schedule) wont have to do much better to top it, given the old skewing competition on CTV and OLN competition on City I could see them winning every hour in Adults 18-49, slotting a family drama at 8:00PM on Fridays until November is also a bold move, should do well for Global there, they will crush City on this night.

Saturdays - Obviously not going to win this night but at least they are putting new programming there as opposed to movies. 16x9 should do better with Global's top rated News Hour as a lead-in and Obsessions fits well with the simulcast U.S. encores. Not so sure about Walk the Walk but hey it's Saturday after all. with 16x9, Obsessions, Walk the Walk Global has 3 out of 4 new programs on Saturdays. Although both Obsessions and Walk the Walk are likely to get beat by whatever CTV airs there (likely U.S. encores)

Sundays - Global's doing just great on Sundays so they don't need to make much changes except for of course the 7:00PM hour as FOX will not be slotting new animated comedy in this slot. We Are Men should go after the same demo that watches the FOX animation and should do well with The Simpsons as a lead-out. mid-season comedy About a Boy looks like a show that will fit with this audience as well but it's scheduling will depend on where NBC places it.

Mid-season. They don't have a huge number of mid-season replacements but Rake and Reckless look strong (just hope CBS schedules Reckless in a good slot) and 24: Live Another Day has a built in audience (although I guess 24: Live Another Day is more for summer than mid-season unless FOX brings it in early), another show with a built in-audience will be Chicago PD (it looks like NBC is waiting to make the original an even bigger hit before Chicago PD launches) and About a Boy is their only mid-season comedy besides their new Canadian comedy Working the Engels, speaking of Working The Engels and Remedy, I may just have to check these out, Working The Engels sounds really funny and Remedy sounds really interesting. Shaw is saying that Remedy wont just feature doctors/nurses but everyone who works in the hospital.

Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey seems really out there but it is coming from FOX. I wonder if we will see Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey air on FOX Saturdays in-between sports. Here's what FOX exec said about the series to the futoncritic: "We're not expecting Cosmos A Space-Time Odyssey to be our highest rated show but it's going to be a really interesting piece of intellectual property, something we're going to be proud of and we're going to exploit it in a lot of different ways across our networks, starting with FOX"

Just to add, I don't think the fact that some of their new shows are from NBC puts a "strike against them". NBC is capable of launching hits and viewers don't avoid new shows just because they are on NBC. Every network struggles to launch new hits, you just need the right shows. ABC, which is the real 4th place network has been able to launch hits before in 4th place with no lead-in, they just had the right shows. NBC is no different, in fact I expect them to once again beat ABC this season.
    Last edited by TVViewer; 09-13-2013 at 07:56 PM.

My take...

Monday: Global dominated Mondays is a bit of a strong word. They are loosing 2 of their Monday hits to Fridays and they are being replace with genre shows that can do well, but they rarely dominate. Almost Human sounds great to me and I hope it hits, but it is from the team who did Fringe, which never was a hit, not even a moderate hit. It only stayed on the air becasue of JJ. As for Sleepy Hollow I can't see as a network shows. Would work great on cable but on FOX will be hard. But I really hope I am underestimating these shows. We'll see. The Blacklist should start big. Shows looks amazing and I love the preview. Probably will last the season at least because of it's US lead in being The Voice.

Tuesday: The is the sure night for Global. Chicago Fire joining at 10pm resolves the only problem for Global.

Wednesday: I wouldn't be so excited about the comedies on Wednesday. I watched both previews and even tough their main characters are played by Sean Hayes and Micheal J Fox, it doesn't mean they will succeed. Honestly I found them to be the least funny new comedies of the fall. Sean Hayes is funny, but he is not for everyone and Micheal J Fox is just not that funny. I actually find him much better playing drama in the Good Wife. So I could be wrong and you could be right, but I suspect again Global to have a big hole on Wednesdays 9-10. As for 10pm, Ironside should do ok enough, but not a big hit. All these shows are on NBC, so they start with a strike against them, no matter how good or bad they are. Survivor of course will win easily at 8pm.

Thursday: Comedies at 8pm should do just OK. But The Millers has a lot more going for it, following TBBT on CBS. But Two and a Half Men on CTV will definitely win over it. Glee should also do OK, but that show is on it's last 2 season or so. Elementary should win by default as CTV will probably have an unproven Canadian show against it.

Friday: This is where Global will improve the most with Hawaii Five-0 and Bones. Dracula will probably be also an OK performer, but that's not s sure thing.

Sunday: will obviously do the same as last year. I am happy we are still getting the Good Wife at a fixed time and able to skip the delayed CBS showing.

Overall I might seem cautious about all the new shows, but besides The Blacklist and maybe Ironside, everything else could really go either way, with Wednesday comedies most likely the lowest rated new shows for Global with Thursday comedies not far behind.

They might have more luck with midseason shows (or summer in case of 24). Rake should do good, Reckless will depend on CBS scheduling as all their midseason shows usually fail. Chicago PD should do well unless it is really not well scheduled. About a boy will probably fail tough.
    Last edited by mtlguy; 06-05-2013 at 12:46 PM.

Overview of Global's lineup:

- I was correct on most of the shows I expected them to pick up (except for Almost Human, Welcome to the Family, and The Michael J. Fox Show). I thought Almost Human being a Warner Bros. property would have been on CTV.

- Maybe it's just me, but it seems once the networks acquire these shows, they don't necessarily leave with what they purchased originally through their output deals. Kinda gives me the impression that these distribution deals are becoming a thing of the past, making it less predictable in terms of what their schedule is going to look like.

- Nothing from ABC picked up so far this season - they didn't have any luck last season with Last Resort and Zero Hour (which was initially acquired by CTV).

- Nothing from The CW either - My guess is that all their shows came in one package and Bell Media ended up taking them all, reserved for CTV Two and their specialty channels like Much and Space.

- No mention of them picking up the FOX midseason animated comedy Murder Police.

- Didn't grab much from 20th Century Fox. Interesting given their output distribution deal, unless that's no longer in effect.

Tally (based on production studios):
    Universal - total 6 (4 dramas + 2 comedies)
    Sony - total 4 (2 comedies + 2 dramas)
    CBS Studios - total 3 (2 comedies + 1 drama)
    20th Century Fox - total 2 (2 dramas)
    Warner Bros. - total 1 (drama)
    No acquisitions from ABC Studios (perhaps a wait and see until midseason)

They acquired more shows from Universal and Sony this year.

I'm sorry that Parenthood will be a post-release and not pre-release, but at least Global has the good sense to air it at an earlier hour, unlike NBC. I'm always hearing complaints that Parenthood airs too late for many parents to watch it.

Global adds The Queen Latifa Show for 3:00pm, The Test for late night.

Global will be airing The Queen Latifa Show at 3:00pm et/pt in simulcast, but The Queen Latifa Show isn't Global's only new pickup, they have also picked up the new conflict talk series The Test for a late night 12:30am et/pt time slot. The Test is a one-hour conflict resolution talk show that will use lie detector and DNA tests to settle relationship and paternity disputes among the guests.

Global Daytime & Late Night highlights

The Morning Show
    - Weekdays at 9:00am et/pt

The Doctors
    - Weekdays at 10:00am et/pt

HGTV & Food Network Lifestyle content - Weekdays at 11:00am et/pt

Days of Our Lives - Weekdays at 1:00pm et/pt

The Talk - Weekdays at 2:00pm et/pt

The Queen Latifa Show
    - Weekdays at 3:00pm et/pt

Young and the Restless - Weekdays at 4:30pm et / 4:00pm pt

The Test - Weeknights at 12:30am et/pt

Saturday Night Live - Saturdays at 11:30pm et / 11:35pm pt

The West Block - Sundays at 11:00am et / 10:00am pt (encores at 11:30pm in all markets)

Repeats of The Simpsons, House, and U.S. movies will air Saturday & Sunday afternoons.

Daytime schedules for each Global station will be posted this August when the lifestyle content on each station is confirmed.

Last edited by TVViewer; 06-07-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TVViewer View Post
    they have also picked up the new conflict talk series The Test for a late night 12:30am et/pt time slot. The Test is a one-hour conflict resolution talk show that will use lie detector and DNA tests to settle relationship and paternity disputes among the guests.
    Maury copycat !!!
    "Ne jamais s'obstiner avec un épais. Il va vous abaisser à son niveau et vous battre avec l'expérience."

Is the national Morning Show going to be expanded to an hour? I hope so, I like the show format.

Quote Originally Posted by reidster View Post
    Is the national Morning Show going to be expanded to an hour? I hope so, I like the show format.

No, The Morning Show will remain 3.5 hours for Toronto and 30 minutes for the rest of Canada. 100 Huntley Street will continue to air at 9:30AM. I wouldn't count on it expanding to a full hour for the simple fact that it's already a lot of work booking guests for the 3.5 hour show

Tentative / Projected premiere dates

Monday, Sept 16
    8:00-9:00 PM BONES (Season 9 Premiere, s-Fox)
    9:00-10:00 PM SLEEPY HOLLOW (Series Premiere, s-Fox)

Wednesday, Sept. 18:
    8:00-9:30 p.m. : "Survivor" (Special 90-minute episode) (s-CBS)

Monday Sept 23
    10-11pm : The Blacklist (Series Premiere) (s-NBC)

Tuesday Sept 24
    8:00-9:00 p.m. : "NCIS" *(Season 11 Premiere) (s-CBS)
    9:00-10:00 p.m. : NCIS: Los Angeles (Season 5 Premiere) (s-CBS)
    10-11pm : Chicago Fire (Season 2 Premiere) (s-NBC)

Wednesday Sept 25
    8:00-9:00 p.m. : "Survivor" (regular slot) (s-CBS)
    9:00-10:00 pm : The Michael J. Fox Show (1 hour series premiere) (pre-NBC)

Thursday, Sept. 26
    8:30-9:00 p.m. ET -- "The Millers" (Series premiere) (s-CBS)
    9:00-10:00 PM : GLEE (Season 5 Premiere) (s-Fox)
    10:00-11:00 p.m. : "Elementary (Season 2 Premiere) (s-CBS)

Fri Sept 27
    8:00-9:00 pm : Parenthood (season 5 premiere) (post-NBC)
    9:00-10:00 p.m. : "Hawaii Five-0" (s-CBS)

Sun Sept 29
    7:30-8:00 PM We Are Men (Series premiere) (pre-CBS)
    8:00-8:30 PM THE SIMPSONS (Season Premiere) (s-Fox)
    8:30-9:00 PM BOB'S BURGERS (Season Premiere) (s-Fox)
    9:00-9:30 PM FAMILY GUY (Season Premiere) (s-Fox)
    9:30-10:00 PM AMERICAN DAD (Season Premiere) (s-Fox)
    10-11pm : The Good Wife (season 5 premiere) (post-CBS)

Wednesday Oct 2
    9:00PM: Sean Saves The World (Series Premiere) (Pre-NBC)
    9:30PM: The Michael J Fox Show (Series Premiere) (Pre-NBC)
    10-11pm : Ironside (series premiere) (s-NBC)

Thursday Oct 3
    8:00-8:30pm : Welcome to the Family (series premiere) (pre-NBC)

* Thursdays of october - while Baseball on Fox
    9-9:30pm : Sean Saves the World (s-NBC)
    9:30-10pm : The Michael J. Fox Show (s-NBC)

Friday Oct 25
    10-11pm : Dracula (series premiere) (s-NBC)

Monday, Nov. 4
    8:00-9:00 PM ALMOST HUMAN (Series Premiere) (s-Fox)
    9:00-10:00 PM SLEEPY HOLLOW (s-Fox)

Friday, Nov. 8
    8:00-9:00 PM BONES (Time Period Premiere) (s-Fox)

Notes :
    - There are no ABC show to simsub this season
    - Almost if not all Fox shows will be pre-empted for baseball during october, leading to simsubs or reruns to fill the slot.
    - Cancelled shows, if any, will have impact on the schedule, due to changes.

Edit: Glee premiere moved from Sept 19 to 26.
    Last edited by InMontreal; 07-20-2013 at 09:04 AM.

In terms of FOX show interruptions, the ones that are going to impact Global the most are: Glee and the Sunday Animation Domination lineup. On a lesser scale, their Monday lineup of Bones and Sleepy Hollow may be off the schedule for only one week.

Further details of this in the second post of the following thread:
    http://www.channelcanada.com/discuss...3035#post63035

CBS scheduled a 1-hour season premiere of Big Bang Theory on Sept 26th, bumping The Millers premiere to Oct 3rd.
    It doesn't change much for Global, as Welcome to the Family on NBC premieres same day same time but it was already decided they'll air it in pre-release at 8.

Nearly 3 months later, Global has been heavily promoting "The Blacklist" and "The Millers", a few Sleepy Hollow and MJF promos, but no love for any other new shows. Haven't seen any promo for We Are Men, Welcome to the Family, Sean Saves The World, Ironside, Dracula, and returning Parenthood, Chicago Fire, Hawaii 5-0, and others. Glee is promoted as thursdays this fall but we know the return date since a month ago.

Is Global lacking overall promos or they're just acting like fools for their money-losing station ?